Uses for Paracord when roughing it ourdoors
- Build a shelter using sticks or by tying up the corners of a poncho or tarp
- Rig an improvised hammock (in case you haven't sprung for a real hammock)
- Make a snare out of the internal strands
- Lash logs or other items together to build a raft.
- Tie snow shoes. Bend a 1” branch in a teardrop shape. Tie it securely then weave the paracord back and forth across the opening. Tie this to your shoes.
- Use it to make a bow drill for fire starting...(note it does take a lot of practice to start a fire with a bow, so don't rely on this unless you've done it before!)
- Make a sling to throw stones for protection and food.
- Use it for signaling by tying a mirror or colorful cloth to the top of a tree
- Use it to make a bola for hunting large birds